Geocaching with Nuvi 1300?

shebawolf145

I recently bought a Garmin Nuvi 1300 and so far I haven't been able to upload any waypoints. I don't know if it isn't possible or if I'm just being an idiot and not doing something right. I have an micro SD card in it and I also have a USB cable to connect it to my computer.

Does anyone else use this device and/or know how to upload waypoints?

Thanks!

I own a Nuvi 1300 and you can load Geocaches as Favorites or as Customer POIs.

How are you trying to load them. I use GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) to load caches as both Favorites and Customer POIs.

NOTEs:

1) There is a very good GSAK Macro that was written for the Nuvi that creates a Custom POI file for your caches. The macro include all the important information from the GC.com pocket query (Cache Name, Waypoint Name (GC Number), Difficulty, Terrain Rating, Cache Description, Last logs etc). Makes the Nuvi a pretty good paperless tool.

2) While the Nuvi 1300 does a good job of routing and taking you to the general cache area, it does not do very good when it come to off road navigation. It does not have the "compass" screen like hand held a Hand Held GPS. I use the 1300 to get me to the general area (Park, Parking Lot etc.) and then my 60Csx when I go off road.

Hope this helps.

Edited by N8OFP - Del