COIN NOT IN SYSTEM?

L@zyboy

I have a coin that I received awhile back and when I could not find it in the system I just put it off to the side and forgot about it. Its not in the system and it cannot be activated. There is no activation code with it and since it is not in the system the site cannot assign me an activation number.

Coins generally come with a card that indicate who minted it. If that is still available try going to their website to request an activation code form them. Also what coin is it. By having that information at least there are plenty of people on the forum who know who you can contact regarding obtaining an activation code.

check you tracking number: 0's look like O's, 8's look like B's, I's look like 1's.

It will still be helpful to find out who minted the coin to get the activation code.

By the way, does the coin say trackable at geocaching.com...if not it's not tracable on geocaching.com

try posting or describing the coin on this forum (make sure the tracking number is covered or doesn't show. Someone should be able to tell you where to get the coin activation code (okay, it will be the Maine Family :lol: .)

Hope this helps.

ILYK

I have a 2004 WSGA(Washington State Geocaching Association) Coin, and is coming up with the same issue. IF it were not activated, it would have come up with an Activate your Coin page if the code was actually valid. Beings the code is not valid(as in Tracked on Geocaching.com), it is not tracked on this site, and thus is not in the system.

The Steaks