.loc to Map60 via Android

I posted this a while back and it was suggested to me to try asking here. Is it possible to transfer a .loc file from an Android that is logged into GC.com and then clicking on the "Send to My GPS" if the two devices are connected to each other with a mini USB / micro USB? If I had a mini to micro USB cable I would just try it. Just wondering if anyone else has tried before I order the cable. Reason I would do this is if I wasn't at my PC when a new cache notification came out. Yes, I could just use the Android, but it doesn't compare to the accuracy of the Map60 especially if the cache is in the timber. Not to mention cell battery issues.

If you are just wanting to enter the coordinates into your 60, just hit the mark button on the 60 and scroll to the coordinate section and manually enter them in. No coord, no cost, no problem.

Now to answer your question, I don't know if that can be done. The phone would probably need to have some type of recognition software on it to recognize the Garmin unit you attached to it just like the site does.

If I were you, and this is what I generally do myself, is what I mentioned above and use your phone for the paperless portion, like hints. I do this with my CSX and iPhone.

If you are just wanting to enter the coordinates into your 60, just hit the mark button on the 60 and scroll to the coordinate section and manually enter them in. No coord, no cost, no problem.

Now to answer your question, I don't know if that can be done. The phone would probably need to have some type of recognition software on it to recognize the Garmin unit you attached to it just like the site does.

If I were you, and this is what I generally do myself, is what I mentioned above and use your phone for the paperless portion, like hints. I do this with my CSX and iPhone.

Thank you. I wondered about the recognition software. I do enter them manually when I get a notification of a new cache. Just was looking for a quicker way to add multiple caches for the area I was in too.

Thank you. I wondered about the recognition software. I do enter them manually when I get a notification of a new cache. Just was looking for a quicker way to add multiple caches for the area I was in too.

You could take the micro SD out of your GPS and put it in your phone...then transfer to the card from your phones internal memory or download the GPX direct to the card?