Send to GPS for Linux

Shilo

Don't you need to have the correct drivers from the manufacture installed to use the Send to GPS feature. So i think it will depend on which GPSr you have and if the manufacture has support for Unbuntu.

That would be Garmin and they don't. Neither do the other 2 GPS manufactures on the list. I just hate flipping over to my WIN partition if a new cache comes out. I can type it in manually quicker, so that is what I'll continue to do.

I was hoping maybe someone in the Linux community wrote something to do this.

That would be Garmin and they don't. Neither do the other 2 GPS manufactures on the list. I just hate flipping over to my WIN partition if a new cache comes out. I can type it in manually quicker, so that is what I'll continue to do.

I was hoping maybe someone in the Linux community wrote something to do this.

There's really nothing to write. When you choose send to gps, GC sends a modified .gpx and the applet just figures out where to save it. The only big difference between the special .gpx and downloading a real .gpx off the cache page is that the special one has 10 logs, the regular one has 20 logs.

The only real thing the send to gps applet does is dummy proof the whole thing.

If you are running an older gps that doesn't use .gpx files directly, look at gpsbabel, with that, you could pick all the .gpx files you want, run gpsbabel, and it will convert the .gpx (or .loc) to almost every known format out there, if you're familiar with GSAK, its actually the glue that makes GSAK work. GPSBable will run on all common platforms (windows, all linux variants, bsd, os-x, etc.).