date being off on my Oregon

ActMoritz

Having issues with date being off on my Oregon? The calender is right but all the logs are showing a day ahead the "Garmin" folder is showing modified 1 day ahead.

For example: I made a change at 1/27/2011 8:43PM Garmin shows 1/28/2:43AM.

So fare i have done the hard reboot. (shut off and hold corner of screen)

I even moved the garman folder to my desk top made changes so that all the modified were correct then moved it back.

Everything looked good but when i powered the unit back on. Boom, it all changed back to a day ahead.

Can any one Help this is causing issues when loading field notes. noting shows

Having issues with date being off on my Oregon? The calender is right but all the logs are showing a day ahead the "Garmin" folder is showing modified 1 day ahead.

For example: I made a change at 1/27/2011 8:43PM Garmin shows 1/28/2:43AM.

The dates the Oregon use are in UTC (also known as GMT). You're in Central Time, I believe, which is UTC -6 right now. So the time is correct.

I don't recall if you can set time zone on the Oregon. I seem to recall such a setting, but it has been a long time since I checked it. Regardless of any Oregon setting, your field notes will be correct when uploaded to gc.com, provided you set your time zone correctly in your profile.

I made sure of that I changed it form auto to Central Time (just in case). Yes they show up correct on gc.com. My issue is its pulling all the past field notes up not just the once since the last time I uploaded. I guess the easy fix would be to just to clean out my field notes after i upload them.

holly smokes i think i figured it out.... i almost feel stupid. I think it was an issue with cache on my browser

it was not giving me the "Ignore logs before 01/27/2011 20:59:00" option

The "ignore logs before ...." is not a browser issue, it's a Groundspeak issue. There's some pattern to when they'll display that, and when they won't, but I was never motivated enough to experiment to find out. Personally I always nuke the field notes after I've uploaded them. Fewer issues that way.

The "ignore logs before ...." is not a browser issue, it's a Groundspeak issue. There's some pattern to when they'll display that, and when they won't, but I was never motivated enough to experiment to find out. Personally I always nuke the field notes after I've uploaded them. Fewer issues that way.

The "ignore logs before ..." option disappears when you use the "clear all field notes" button but not when you use the "bulk delete" button or remove them any other way. Of course there's no way to select all field notes with one click for the bulk delete, so that makes that option kinda useless.

The "ignore logs before ..." option disappears when you use the "clear all field notes" button but not when you use the "bulk delete" button or remove them any other way. Of course there's no way to select all field notes with one click for the bulk delete, so that makes that option kinda useless.

Looks like a Greasemonkey project! :) It'll be nice to have a "select all before this" option for each entry.

Yeah, the "ignore logs before..." is also the reason why the field notes upload will reject some field notes if you log more than one field note within the same minute. Apparently, the logic looks at the time of the last note uploaded and if a new note being uploaded is not newer (ie within the same minute) it is ignored. This is being an issue for some people who are hitting some of the "power trails" especially the 1K caches in NV (USA).

Yeah, the "ignore logs before..." is also the reason why the field notes upload will reject some field notes if you log more than one field note within the same minute. Apparently, the logic looks at the time of the last note uploaded and if a new note being uploaded is not newer (ie within the same minute) it is ignored. This is being an issue for some people who are hitting some of the "power trails" especially the 1K caches in NV (USA).

Good bit of info to know thanks. wish i know that before i went through all the trouble trying to figure out what was wrong and even took my GPS back to factory lol