muggled caches

fishin'fool

In the area where I live there are a couple of caches that are no longer there. Several people have logged dnf's and cache needs maintanance. These are in great spots and would really like to have them replaced or archived and I would hide one there. I have personally emailed the owner and still nothing. My question is, how do I go about getting this fixed?

There are varying opinions on how to go about this. Since there have already been multiple DNF's and an attempt has been made to contact the cache owner I'd recommend:

Option 1:

Post a NM log for the cache. Wait a month, then post an NA log. Then wait.

Option 2:

Contact the area reviewer via email and explain to them the situation and that you'd like for the caches to archives so you can place one.

Have you personally found these caches before? If you have and can verify for certain that they are indeed missing then you can post a "Needs Maintance" log on the cache page. Make sure to state that you found it before and went out to check on it and it is MIA. Then wait a month and if there is no response from the cache owner then go ahead and post a "Needs Archived" log. The local reviewer should then give the cache owner a set amount of time (in our area it's 30 days or so) to either replace the cache or archive it. If the cache owner doesn't respond within the aforementioned "set amount of time" then the reviewer will archive it for them.

Bide your time. Wait. And wait some more. Don't do Option 1 or Option 2. The world is a big place.

It's also a busy one where gas & time are valuable commodities. Cachers shouldn't have to waste either looking for caches that no longer exist.

It's also not harmless, for example, there's a cache in a popular Open Space near my house. It's been missing for 11 months and the whole area around the GZ has been trampled by Geocachers trying to locate an otherwise easy-to-find cache. When that cache gets disabled, the area will be able to grow back. I've posted an NM.

Bide your time. Wait. And wait some more. Don't do Option 1 or Option 2. The world is a big place.

It's also a busy one where gas & time are valuable commodities. Cachers shouldn't have to waste either looking for caches that no longer exist.

It's also not harmless, for example, there's a cache in a popular Open Space near my house. It's been missing for 11 months and the whole area around the GZ has been trampled by Geocachers trying to locate an otherwise easy-to-find cache. When that cache gets disabled, the area will be able to grow back. I've posted an NM.

11 months? Why are you reluctant to post a NA log, especially if damage to the land is occurring?