Mega Wales 2011 - Fund-raising

sniffadogz

The Mega Wales Committee is now in a position to respond to feedback from a number of cachers with regard to fund-raising activities and the financial situation.

Currently, based on income generated to-date and projected sales of geocoins and the Supporters Pack, the finances are looking healthy. Consequently there are no plans, at this time, for targeted fund-raising at events over the next few months, apart from offering the opportunity to purchase geocoins (and thereby save on postage & packing).

The Committee has formally announced the availability of its Supporters Packs via the Shop on the Mega Wales website (http://www.megawales.co.uk/shop/). Purchase of the Supporters Pack will ensure that you receive the Official Mega Geocoin together with other geocaching related products - the official Mega Wales Geocoin will not be sold separately or be available on the day of the Mega so we would encourage early purchase of the Supporters Pack.

The next Event with planned fund-raising by the Committee will be the Annual South Wales Event (GC2KBWH) in Saundersfoot on 1 May 2011 being organised by Mushroom Mike. We hope to see you there where we can provide an update on plans for the Mega.

The Committee wishes to thank everybody that has assisted in fund-raising to date. The contributions that we have received, be it 10p, £1, £10 or more, have helped put us in this current healthy financial state.

We are now drawing up the fund-raising plans for May-July. Please contact the Secretary via the website if you are holding an event in that period and intend to raise funds for Mega Wales either yourself or by inviting members of the Committee to attend/assist. So as not to deter anyone from attending these events we will attempt to keep the fund-raising low key.

Details of events where fund-raising will take place will be on the Mega Wales website.

I must say how happy I am that the hard work and foundations laid in the early days of the committee are now coming to fruition and that you can now relax over the next few months. My whole hearted congratulations to all the people who actually contributed in swelling the Mega Wales coffers. The donations given by Welsh cachers and those from various parts of the country have been marvellous and I'm sure the committee will be thanking them publicly for work done on their behalf. It does sadden me, as pointed out by Jeff that a few cachers would stay away from events because of the fund raising activities of the committee but remain confident that once the committee explain that it is for their Mega and the benefit of the UK caching community that people would come on board and join in the many fun events to be held in Wales.

So good luck to all and enjoy the 31st July Mega Wales

Tony

Edited by mollyjak
...The donations given by Welsh cachers and those from various parts of the country have been marvellous and I'm sure the committee will be thanking them publicly for work done on their behalf...

The Committee wishes to thank everybody that has assisted in fund-raising to date. The contributions that we have received, be it 10p, £1, £10 or more, have helped put us in this current healthy financial state.

:D