UK Benchmarking

Stompy&Stampy

Why cant the UK Trig points be logged on gc.com as benchmarks like in the US? The OSNI & EABM databases are accessable on Waymarking, so surely this souldnt be a problem? Or am I just being thick and they can be logged? I would prefer to be able to do this on GC.com rather than WM.com as its another site to deal with, and would like to fill in some of my "benchmarks" on our GC.com profile.

Why cant the UK Trig points be logged on gc.com as benchmarks like in the US? The OSNI & EABM databases are accessable on Waymarking, so surely this souldnt be a problem? Or am I just being thick and they can be logged? I would prefer to be able to do this on GC.com rather than WM.com as its another site to deal with, and would like to fill in some of my "benchmarks" on our GC.com profile.

The simple answer is that Groundspeak bought a dataset of US benchmarks; as I understand it, even that is far from complete. They don't do any other country at present, and it's highly unlikely that this will ever change.

Waymarking is a very tedious and inefficient method of recording UK trigs - far better to use the dedicate site trigpointinguk.com .

If you use GSAK, the FindStatsGen and BadgeGen macros will include trigpoints in totals etc.