Pls help me grab back my TB from a confused cacher!

Team Giblert

I am the owner of a new TB and placed him a couple weeks ago in a cache. I dropped him and he showed up in the cache's inventory just fine. Another cacher came along and grabbed him. However, he doesn't understand how to "drop" the bug into a new cache so he simply physically left it in a new cache without "dropping" it. So it is still officially in his inventory even though he left it elsewhere. I emailed him and he isn't too cooperative as he feels the instructions are too confusing. Anway, I think what I need to do is "grab" the bug from him and "drop" it into the cache that he left it at. So far nobody has logged a find at the new cache so I assume it's still there. I can't find any instructions on how to grab the bug from this guy. Any help would be appreciated.

From what I read about TB problems, I guess it somehow could be simpler for some of the 'rocket scientists' out there.

Hard to believe.

I've seen two that I recently moved/placed just disappear. Unlogged. With any luck for their owners they'll turn up eventually somewhere else - still unlogged.

It's a very complex and time consuming process to properly log them you know.

quote:
Originally posted by Cannonlaw:

Hmm...I'm not sure that dropping off a travel bug could be easier than it already is. Since the Bug was identified I looked at it and the cacher that had it seems pretty experienced. This is not the first Bug he has found and he owns two of his own.

I noticed that too, but I wasn't interested in trying to figure that part of it out... icon_wink.gif

quote:
Could it be simpler?

I agree the system that hard to figure out or follow, but Yes I think it could be simpler.

Assuming whoever picks up a bug know what it is, they still may not realized how you log it found and move its icon to a new cache.

The fact that you have to go to another area of the site to log one "found" doesnt help. I sometimes think TB would get more accurate tracking if more screens were added. Like when someone goes to log something on a cache page thats supposed to have a TB in it, if it would be possiable to make this fill out another page first. Just a few questions would work I think, "Did you see XXX TB? Yes No Dont know & Did you take XXX TB Yes No" If they answer yes to the second question it takes them to the TB page to log it, and if they answer No, then it just continues on to the cache's log your visit page...

But Jeremy seems busy working on other things, so it will be awhile before Its even considered (How/if the TB systems need simplified).

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

Ok guys, I am a newbie, so from a newbie's point of view, I don't think the travel bug section needs to be any simpler. I have figured it out, and I am certainly no rocket scientist! I think that this sport, like any other is going to invariably have a few "spoilers" icon_frown.gif While it is probably true that not ALL of the TB's come up missing due to this childish behavior I'd be willing to bet that much of it is due to spoilers.

HarleyHetz