Late/never logging of T.B.

forman

I have seen a few problems with the logging of T.B. I am going to start putting a letter with the T.B. Maybe this will help. I found it with a T.B. I found.

Just a note about…TRAVEL-BUGS

Travel-Bugs are the property of all geocachers. The owner (creator) purchases a bug tag, attaches it to an item, gives it a name, and sometimes assigns it a special quest or certain chore, and then releases it out into the world, into the hands of all other geocachers. Both the item and the tag move together. Geocachers in turn move this travel-bug from cache-site to cache-site. Logging it in each time it is found to WWW.GEOCACHING.COM by its ID # creates a travel log on the travel-bugs web page. Here all geocachers get to enjoy seeing the travels its made, where it is, looking at photos and reading the stories the finders have sent in by the making a comment section. This is the fun part of playing this game. You must be a WWW.GEOCACHING.COM member, with your geocache name logged in before you can log in a travel-bug. ALL TRAVEL-BUGS SHOULD BE LOGGED IN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Be part of the action and join in on the fun. If you are not a member…join… membership is free.

Like I always say, "There is no shortage of stupid people in this world"

Don

Nicely formatted on 1/4 sheet of paper:

I AM A TRAVEL BUG!

(three travel bug icons)

PLEASE MOVE ME TO

ANOTHER CACHE ASAP!

I am a Travel Bug, and I have a specific goal... if you can help me complete that goal, please snatch me up and take me with you. If you do, please go to www.geocaching.com and enter my tag number in the “Track Travel Bugs” section so everyone can follow my journey.

If you take my picture or enter information about me into the online logs, please don’t reveal my tag number. That would allow people to claim that they found me, even though they really didn’t. Thanks!

If you decide to take me from this cache today, please be sure that you will be able to place me in another cache within a reasonable amount of time. I don’t want to vanish and have my owner worry about me. Any help in reaching my goal is appreciated!

FLIP THIS TAG FOR MY CURRENT GOAL!!

--==< http://home.columbus.rr.com/rubbertoe >==--

Yeah - that's another one of my fears with my bugs... I worry that someone will snatch it up and put it in a 5/5 cache out in the middle of the desert somewhere or something.

People should use some common sense and not put someone else's bug in an incredibly difficult cache. I mean, at least I know I would never do that. Heck, I didn't even like leaving my OWN bug in my cache that I hid way out in the woods at a park here in Ohio. I'd most likely never subject anyone else's bug to that cache. icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah - that's another one of my fears with my bugs... I worry that someone will snatch it up and put it in a 5/5 cache out in the middle of the desert somewhere or something.

People should use some common sense and not put someone else's bug in an incredibly difficult cache. I mean, at least I know I would never do that. Heck, I didn't even like leaving my OWN bug in my cache that I hid way out in the woods at a park here in Ohio. I'd most likely never subject anyone else's bug to that cache. icon_biggrin.gif

Um, a "multi-stage cache out in the woods" does not really describe where it is. "Multi-stage cache" does. Morgan Hill is, during this season, mostly golden-brown grass and scrub oaks. There's very little "woods" there. (Although it is a really nice town!)

Both of the people who have handled your bug since it was in the LAX hotel are responsible cachers. I can't speak for dmg, but I wouldn't be surprised if the intent behind bringing it north was to get it someplace more accessible than the LAX cache, which seems to be tricky to get to. "T in the Road", which is where dmg put it, is only about 15 minutes, if that, from San Jose International Airport. Also, "T in the Road" is a cache that is unlikely to be plundered, and yet accessible to the vast majority of cachers. We were there with our two young sons, ages 5 and 7, and they made it with no problem. (T in the Road is out on a levee in a beautiful wildlife preserve in San Francisco Bay, accessible by foot.)

If it doesn't get picked up from Morgan Hill soon, please feel free to email me and I will go pick it up.

If I pick it up, you have some choices. I can move it a little east, I can mail it to Cambridge England to be picked up by a cacher, or I can mail it back to you. You might want to ponder how you want to proceed.

I realize it's frustrating when a bug doesn't go where you expect, but in reality, you have been pretty lucky about which cachers have been handling your bug.

Shannah

BTW: Tour of Morgan Hill is a 2/1. T in the Road is a 2/1.5