First day geocaching...

MaddestMax

Just wanted to say hi. Today was my first day geocaching. What a blast! The first two I couldn't find, so it was a rough start. But after finding a few of my others, I went back and managed to find one of the two that skunked me. Being my first time, I just signed the logs, but next time I plan on taking along a nice collection of trinkets. So much fun. I can see how it can become seriously addicting. Assuming I can get out of a few commitments, I may go back out tomorrow. ;) I just was glancing through the forums, and saw mention of Wherigo. That looks to have a lot of potential too. But it seems to only be available on a small number of devices or OS. Hopefully I can learn more about it. Anyway, thanks for the site, and thanks to the others out their contributing what they can! It wouldn't be possible without you. :)

-MM

LOL! Thanks guys for the support! Geocating, totally! Popoki, I may take you up on that. I'm thinking I might have you phone me, and say there's an emergency at work. ;) KevBru, get out there. I waited for a long time to start, but it wasn't necessary. Once you get going, its a quick learning curve. I was nervous, but now I'm just counting the minutes until I get back out there. The whole prep is fun. The map, getting the gps unit ready, planning the trip. Lol. It's like special ops! ;)

-MM

LOL! Thanks guys for the support! Geocating, totally! Popoki, I may take you up on that. I'm thinking I might have you phone me, and say there's an emergency at work. ;) KevBru, get out there. I waited for a long time to start, but it wasn't necessary. Once you get going, its a quick learning curve. I was nervous, but now I'm just counting the minutes until I get back out there. The whole prep is fun. The map, getting the gps unit ready, planning the trip. Lol. It's like special ops! ;)

-MM

Haha I did in fact go out yesterday but ran into a snag. There's a cache down the street from here but we got 4 ft of snow and then rain. It's literally a mess out here plus the cache is located off the road with no trail so I'm thinking about saving this one for summer. However I have located another cache not to far away and I do believe it has a trail. I hope to go out and track this one tomorrow. :lol:

Glad to hear you had a good first experience! A hint for helping you find good caches to get your bearings: look at the difficulty level of the cache and check and see if there are any did not find logs. A did not find doesn't mean it's not there, but can mean that it's a tougher find. Though I can say that after your first 30-50 caches you'll have figured out 95% of the tricks you'll need to know to find caches. Good luck!