GMPSMAP 62s SD card needed or not?

TeamGoyer

Purchasing a Garmin GPSMAP 62s has been in my thoughts. Could someone or please help me understand the following:

1. Does one need to purchase an MicroSD card for downloads ( purchasing) from the Garmin web site?

2. Can I simply use the main memory on the unit itself without an SDCard?

Thanks alot for your input, and Merry Xmas.

Jason

Purchasing a Garmin GPSMAP 62s has been in my thoughts. Could someone or please help me understand the following:

1. Does one need to purchase an MicroSD card for downloads ( purchasing) from the Garmin web site?

2. Can I simply use the main memory on the unit itself without an SDCard?

Thanks alot for your input, and Merry Xmas.

Jason

There's about 1.7 gigabytes of extra storage built in to the 62S so you won't need anything immediately, unless you plan to load a lot of maps.

And just about any good MicroSD/HC card will do. You don't need to purchase one from the Garmin site.

Edited by Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hide
Where else could I get a hold of good quality topo maps for no charge? I was on the garmin web site, and it looks like aparently you have the otpion to purchase maps and download them directly onto the unit via usb connection.

Try gpsfiledepot.com

The ibycus Canadian topo maps are quite good too, from what I hear.

Hi can anyone help with any sites that give access to free UK mapping please?

Legal ones of course.

I have just got myself a gpsmap62s and trying to figure it out. Having some mapping data would help I think!! :-)

Where else could I get a hold of good quality topo maps for no charge? I was on the garmin web site, and it looks like aparently you have the otpion to purchase maps and download them directly onto the unit via usb connection.

Try gpsfiledepot.com

The ibycus Canadian topo maps are quite good too, from what I hear.

Hi can anyone help with any sites that give access to free UK mapping please?

Legal ones of course.

I have just got myself a gpsmap62s and trying to figure it out. Having some mapping data would help I think!! :-)