60csx vs 62?

klien

I use to have 60csx finally died after being in a motorcycle crash and many drops loved it finally died after about 3 or 4 years use

i am finding 60csx on the web for about 199 ...

62 worth the etra moola?

paperless sounds nice

is it any good paperless does not always mean easy to use

does it have the battery life the 60csx had

is it as accurate as the 60csx? i sometimes got 30 feet inside my apartment near windows.

i am tech guy so i tned to like new features just dont want to pay for extra features if i am losing what i loved about 60 csx

Edited by klien

I've only fiddled with the 60CSX, and it is indeed nice. But I've got to play with the 62s extensively since my Pop bought himself one, and it is a REALLY nice piece of equipment. If you can find it for an extra $100 somewhere, I'd tell you it would definitely be worth it. Maybe even $150.

You've been geocaching for a while. Do you find yourself wishing you have paperless features? If not, save yourself some money and get the 60csx.

I don't think you give you anything the 60 has over the 62, except a more stable firmware.

... and a 4 pin round connector !

I have both. The 62s is the one I use - paperless, field notes, more caches, direct gpx support, filtering options. I suppose I could add chirp support but these caches have yet to impress me. There are a few bugs for garmin to work out, the only one that has affected me is some dropped caches in the way it handles the pq. And if a squeak in the case bothers you, you could have problems (I have never noticed it when caching in the field). But it has been fast, accurate, with good battery life.

You know about the 60csx. Stable. Reliable. If you don't feel the need to change, why spend the money? If you want the extra features - all I can say is that I have enjoyed using the 62s.

Edited by mulvaney