Garmin nuvi 250W/255W

Jffok

I have been using this gps for two months. I download my pq to gsak and then to the nuvi into my favorites.

Then I only use it for driving to the area of the cache and from there use my handheld gps.

This has worked without a problem until now and my computer will not let me download to it. Anyone have a similar problem with their nuvi ? I have tried it on two different computers and still get the same message.?

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Shot in the dark - but is your Nuvi's waypoints full??? Did you try deleting all the previously installed stuff?

Yes I deleted the favorites file before connecting to computer. After downloading to it I always click on the unhook this device safely and get the message ok to remove. THe last two or three times I downloaded to the gps I got the message that a windows program needed to close first. I shut every thing down both times before disconnecting from the computer. Not sure if that had anything to do with it or not.

I had the same problem with my 205W. Dragging th gpx pq into the gpx folder stopped working. It used to just show the icons on the map with no details, which is fine. I use a Colorado to actually locate the caches.

This fix I found was loading the pq into mapsource then sending to unit. I have tweeked it a little by loading into GSAK first and edit it to show the name and code of the cache. Then I load into mapsource and send. This way the name and code of the cache show on the map.