There go all those Wally World Caches

FunnyNose

I've done plenty of easy caches that those that don't/can't do harder caches can do and aren't LPC caches. Lame or not isn't even the real issue. People keep saying that if you don't like them, don't do them on one side and that they are in the way of better caches on the other(rarely true). Neither of those is really the issue. It's that they, along with power trails and other urban micro hides, are/have been exploding in the last couple of years, and are going be the biggest contributor of problems that will result in regulations/restrictions that will hinder geocachings future. Other people won't agree with this, obviously, but that is what I think. More and more and more geocaches is not necessarily a good thing.

Whatever. I don't believe that the amount of LPCs and other urban micros have dramatically increased since before you started playing the game. Therefore, I have to believe that your argument really just boils down to this: You don't like them so you think they should not exist.

If you don't like urban micros, don't search for micros in urban environments.

Geocaches have increased dramatically. That is commonly known. Why don't you tell us which types of hides have shot the numbers up so much?

I've done plenty of easy caches that those that don't/can't do harder caches can do and aren't LPC caches. Lame or not isn't even the real issue. People keep saying that if you don't like them, don't do them on one side and that they are in the way of better caches on the other(rarely true). Neither of those is really the issue. It's that they, along with power trails and other urban micro hides, are/have been exploding in the last couple of years, and are going be the biggest contributor of problems that will result in regulations/restrictions that will hinder geocachings future. Other people won't agree with this, obviously, but that is what I think. More and more and more geocaches is not necessarily a good thing.

Whatever. I don't believe that the amount of LPCs and other urban micros have dramatically increased since before you started playing the game. Therefore, I have to believe that your argument really just boils down to this: You don't like them so you think they should not exist.

If you don't like urban micros, don't search for micros in urban environments.

All types of caches have increased over the years. The ones placed on private property without permission will likely be the ones to receive attention and then restriction.

I'm okay with that. Too bad rules/regulations/laws will have to enforced to make that happen.

Other people won't agree with this, obviously, but that is what I think.

I tend to agree with you. Locally, P&G micros have increased, as compared to smalls & regulars.

The majority of these P&Gs are being placed on business properties.

From the hiders I've talked to, most are placed without explicit permission.

While I don't think that necessarily violates the guidelines, as written, I still can't see these as being an asset for this game.

Recently, urban P&Gs have taken the lead in caches that get blown up by EOD.

Every time I read an article about them blowing up a cache, I cringe in expectation of regulation.

But since the number of caches getting blown up is such a minuscule percentage of the total, it's possible I'm just being paranoid.

For now, I follow the SBell111 "Easy Peasy" method to avoid them showing up on my radar.

But for me, the real issue, at this point in the thread, is not the existence of urban micros.

For me, my responses are focused more toward those who wish to silence dissent.

I agree with the first half of the common mantra, "If you don't like 'em, don't hunt 'em".

But I take exception to the occasionally expressed continuation of that mantra, "Quit complaining about them".

If I have an opinion on something, I'm likely gonna state it, even if it runs contrary to the masses.

I've found many LPCs in several states. I've never come across a bee, wasp, or hornet while finding them. Just saying...

I found one in a group of about 20 people that had us all going. It was a bison IN a piece of wasp nest. Nobody wanted to mess with it, so we kept missing the hide. Pretty creative I think, even though it was a LPC (Hi CR!).

Not sure how this wonderful topic got derailed into a diatribe against LPCs and micros. Let's get back on topic.

With regard to the original post in this thread, it seems to me that everyone is misinterpreting this as an affront to geocaches, when it is actually an affront to geocacher behavior. You all must immediately stop acting suspicions when you go searching for caches in Walmart parking lots. Come on, folks, this is really not very hard; you just have to do a little bit of acting: act like a shopper! If that is a problem for you, then try acting like a facilities inspector- the only props you need are your GPSr and a clipboard. Then there is always the act where you use your GPSr as a "pretend" mobile phone to discuss with your spouse (while looking towards the store entrance) to "please hurry up honey cause I gotta go!" If that does not get nosey muggles off your back then you can just tell them you are geocaching.

I found one in a group of about 20 people that had us all going. It was a bison IN a piece of wasp nest. Nobody wanted to mess with it, so we kept missing the hide. Pretty creative I think, even though it was a LPC (Hi CR!).

It was an abandoned wasp nest, right? If so, why would you be afraid to mess with it? If not, I have to wonder how the cache owner got it there...

It was an abandoned wasp nest, right? If so, why would you be afraid to mess with it? If not, I have to wonder how the cache owner got it there...

How we supposed to know it was abandoned, until we "messed" with it? THAT was why we left it alone (also because it had been pushed in farther than original and took some work to get out).

How we supposed to know it was abandoned, until we "messed" with it? THAT was why we left it alone (also because it had been pushed in farther than original and took some work to get out).

Oh. I guess it wasn't a red wasp nest like I had in mind but more like a hornet nest.

Similar to that, but we couldn't see inside to see if it was active, which is where the cache was...