WiFi?

Phzik

Have a couple of wi-fi caches lined up, just waiting for some info from one of our fantastic reviewers :laughing:

OK I've been out and flagellated myself with a bunch of frozen nettles ;) oh and I'm sure you've not yet read the email sat in your in-box :) with happy,happy,happy news :laughing:

I have one - its a simple offset with a twist - the twist being that you use your PDA/laptop to look for new hot spots and the coordinates for the cache pop up in the list of available routers.

Its at a relatives house - I bought a cheap wifi router for £4 on ebay, changed the coordinate names and just plugged it in - its not connected to anything on the network side.

The cache itself is a bit cryptive in its description though so you either need to be a bit of a techie or do a google search on its title to "get" it. Several don't - and I've had a couple of comments from newbies who "know the area very well" and "couldn't find anything with the coordinates on it".

Have a couple of wi-fi caches lined up, just waiting for some info from one of our fantastic reviewers :laughing:

OK I've been out and flagellated myself with a bunch of frozen nettles ;) oh and I'm sure you've not yet read the email sat in your in-box :) with happy,happy,happy news :laughing:

Looking forward to them so get flagellating yourself GAZ and read Deci's email :laughing: (and get rid of our icy roads too if you can :laughing: ).

anyone ever thoght about a WIFI "TECHNO" Cache?

bassicly you show up at GZ enter a basic Network key like "cachelog" and log via smartphone/pda/netbook onto a webpage or drop box?

do these exsist? :);):laughing: w

Not quite the same thing, but in some of the Royal Parks I've got some caches where you follow the route using a mobile phone with a web browser. In each case there are a dozen or so virtual stages where you answer a question on a web page and it takes you to the next page, with the pages being small so they look OK on a tiny screen and don't cost the earth in data charges. The last stage takes you out of the park to the nearby cache.

Rgds, Andy

Have a couple of wi-fi caches lined up, just waiting for some info from one of our fantastic reviewers :P

OK I've been out and flagellated myself with a bunch of frozen nettles :sad: oh and I'm sure you've not yet read the email sat in your in-box :laughing: with happy,happy,happy news B)

Looking forward to them so get flagellating yourself GAZ and read Deci's email :o (and get rid of our icy roads too if you can :) ).

Cheers for the help Deci, I thought it better asking advice first!

Dunno what I can do about the icy roads, MBFace!