Holcomb Valley

fun4twins

Trying to find geocaches at the mine for holcomb valley. Will be doing the "Big Bear off road adventures" that stops there and a couple of other places.

I figure I should be able to try and grab 3N07A "the Mines".

Not sure if I'll be able to do GC13RP8 "Hangman's Tree", and GC2DVE4 "In the cabin's front yard"

Anyone know about this tour, where it stops and what caches I'll be able to attempt? Thanks.

(BTW I'll be doing this on the 22nd)

Trying to find geocaches at the mine for holcomb valley. Will be doing the "Big Bear off road adventures" that stops there and a couple of other places.

Not sure if I'll be able to do GC13RP8 "Hangman's Tree", and GC2DVE4 "In the cabin's front yard"

Anyone know about this tour, where it stops and what caches I'll be able to attempt? Thanks.

this should have been posted in the southwestern forum. Holcomb valley is a beautiful place my paternal grandfather was a miner there and he was married there

I haven't looked, but it is sure to be discussed at http://www.socal4x4geocachers.org/.

I know that several of the members are participating.

They are expecting several inches of snow up in Big Bear this weekend. I would think that might put a big dent in your caching plans. Temps are predicted to be in the 20s on Monday.

I don't think the tour goes close enough to the 3N07 trail to find the mine or wall cache. You would be in for a bit of a walk to get to those caches and I don't think they have the time in their tour schedule for that. Probably best to just get a PQ of the area and grab whatever is nearby your stops.

Hangmans Tree

Crossroads

Ponderosa Overlook

Those might be the only possible grabs during the tour. That 'In the Cabins front yard' will almost certainly be a no go. Most of Rimor's caches are hikes that take 15min-1hr. I'd scratch them from your list.

Email me through my profile if you have any other specific questions before your trip.