Pocket Queries, accidentally used my 5

GorpForBrains

I have a trip scheduled for tomorrow and forgot to run the queries the other day when I built them. Well today, I need to run them, but I'm out of queries. If I started running them the other day I would have been able to do some and then do the rest today, but silly me, I didn't.

BTW, the reason why there's so many different queries is that it's a lot of short routes with 20-30 caches along the route from A to B, B to C, C to D, etc. I couldn't figure out a better way to do it without making a bunch of little routes. Also as I said in my topic, I accidentally has some different queries not related to this trip that ran which consumed the rest of my 5.

I leave on my trip early in the morning tomorrow. I guess I could at the last minute run them early in the morning and then sync them, but... sigh I was hoping to not have to wait till the last minute.

Is there any way you can get an extra set of queries to run on a given day?

Edited by GorpForBrains

i don't think there's a way to get around the 5/day limit. the restriction seems to work pretty well.

but you can just schedule the remaining PQs for tomorrow - check the box for tomorrow and then you should have them ready for download in the morning with no wait time.

<snip>

Is there any way you can get an extra set of queries to run on a given day?

Yep. Create another premium account. 10/day.

I don't want to regularly produce 10 a day. I'm not that hardcore of a cacher... I just want to get some more just for today.... sigh. I guess I'll be downloading at the last minute tomorrow morning.

Edited by GorpForBrains
If you only need 30 geocaches....just write them down and input them by hand.

Yeah. You can preview a PQ, and open them in another tab. Do you need them in one GPX file? You can either use GSAK to do it, or just edit it by hand if you're not intimidated by XML.

I have a GPX parser application I wrote which parses the GPX file and produces an Excel spreadsheet that's my geocaching "note sheet". Then my GPS uses .Loc files. The waypoints are easy to get manually, but I use the pocket queries to generate the GPX files I need. Again, I guess I'll just wait till tomorrow, grab the gpx, produce the spreadsheet with my parser, and print before I leave the house.

Edited by GorpForBrains

BTW, the reason why there's so many different queries is that it's a lot of short routes with 20-30 caches along the route from A to B, B to C, C to D, etc. I couldn't figure out a better way to do it without making a bunch of little routes.

For future reference, there's a better way to do this. On the "create a route" page, after you have entered the starting and ending points, you can click and drag the route to make it go through specific places. Then you can run one PQ for the whole thing, instead of having to break it up into several PQ's.

Here's a sample. The blue dots are places where I have dragged the route to force it to a specific point.

a6f0a64d-bad7-4434-a6ed-407553e5ce01.jpg