New Zealand Geocoin

Kevs_Team

if that is a New Zealand Dollar it is only $20 for a coin.

27.00 NZD = 20.8805 USD

Great! Thanks, I guess shipping will bring it back up to $27 :anibad:

Our shopping cart is not configured for international shipping so defaults to $27 however once you have placed your order I will get the best price from the post office and let you know the cost.

All prices are in New Zealand NZD

This really brings up an larger issue, which is the shipping for international coins. I occasionally buy coins from overseas, but only if I am going to buy a lot at once to bring down the per coin cost. It would be nice if one of the larger U.S. vendors would sell international coins. That vendor would benefit from increased web traffic and the increased exposure to the coin buying community.

Buying coins on an individual basis is usually not worth it.

More than anything else, my message to the non-US sellers is that you will sell so many more coins if you can find a way to get your shipping costs down. There is one European coin vendor who has a large selection and seems to sell other people's coins. It might be possible to sell coins through them and that way people will be able to buy coins from individuals as part of a larger shipment.

Getting back to these particular coins, I looked at the web site and the cost for the coins did seem high even without shipping. However, I may be remembering incorrectly. I also did not pay close attention to exchange rates. My own observation is that buyer good will is extremely important. If people perceive you as selling at above market prices, they may just move on and over time you won't be able to unload the coins at any price.

I think you'll find most things in New Zealand cost more than they do anywhere else in the world due to the fact we're a small island nation. It's just the way it is - we've accepted it. GCs I don't think get made in NZ - they're made elsewhere in the world, so all prices reflect the fact they've had to come to NZ first.

You don't buy things cos of the price from here, but because of their uniqueness! As soon as they're no longer unique, then the price will drop to reflect that - but then why do you want it when it's no longer unique!

I'm definitely happy with Kev's prices. For me to get anything from the geocaching.com website I have to add international shipping onto it. Buying from Kev its the cost of local postage, or a courier..... or nothing at all if you buy enough! And remember - his prices are in NZ$$ not US.

This really brings up an larger issue, which is the shipping for international coins. I occasionally buy coins from overseas, but only if I am going to buy a lot at once to bring down the per coin cost. It would be nice if one of the larger U.S. vendors would sell international coins. That vendor would benefit from increased web traffic and the increased exposure to the coin buying community.

Buying coins on an individual basis is usually not worth it.

More than anything else, my message to the non-US sellers is that you will sell so many more coins if you can find a way to get your shipping costs down. There is one European coin vendor who has a large selection and seems to sell other people's coins. It might be possible to sell coins through them and that way people will be able to buy coins from individuals as part of a larger shipment.

Getting back to these particular coins, I looked at the web site and the cost for the coins did seem high even without shipping. However, I may be remembering incorrectly. I also did not pay close attention to exchange rates. My own observation is that buyer good will is extremely important. If people perceive you as selling at above market prices, they may just move on and over time you won't be able to unload the coins at any price.