Hard Enamel and Clear Fill

GregsonVaux

Carry on......! :anibad:

Strange, the message was not included with the topic. Here is the message:

The minting of my first coin goes on, but I did run into an unexpected issue. On two of the versions of the coin, I asked to use a hard enamel and on the parts where I want the metal to be seen, I asked for a clear epoxy fill. The mint said that putting epoxy next to hard enamel would make the colors run and result in muddy colors. I have seen other coins that have hard colored enamel and some sort of clear fill. The Celtic Tree of Life is one example. Can anyone tell me what sort of clear fill is used with hard enamel?

Edited by GregsonVaux

.... I have seen other coins that have hard colored enamel and some sort of clear fill. The Celtic Tree of Life is one example. Can anyone tell me what sort of clear fill is used with hard enamel?

I'm not sure but I think the CTOL are soft enamel with epoxy... :anibad:

Sometimes I think mint is doing what they want... Asking for glowcolor on entire front of a coin wasn't possible because areas should be to small, on the other hand there are coins with very litte stars in glow and that is possible... very strange...

.... I have seen other coins that have hard colored enamel and some sort of clear fill. The Celtic Tree of Life is one example. Can anyone tell me what sort of clear fill is used with hard enamel?

I'm not sure but I think the CTOL are soft enamel with epoxy... :)

Sometimes I think mint is doing what they want... Asking for glowcolor on entire front of a coin wasn't possible because areas should be to small, on the other hand there are coins with very litte stars in glow and that is possible... very strange...

I mentioned the Tree of Life coin to the mint and then they said that they could do it. :) They said that the stoning would be different, but I am more interested in the result than the process.