Recording finds on the 60csx?

kb7plo

Once you have selected a geocache to find, you can either view it's location on the map or follow the compas pointer on the compass page. At the bottom of the compass page you will see three boxes, one of the boxes is "Found", highlight it and press enter and you have officially marked it as found and it will change from a closed treasure chest to an open one.

You can view your find order from the calender option. Press menu and look for the calendar option, it might be under the settings option but I can't remember right now, and open it up. Scroll down to the date you went caching and highlight it and press enter. It will generate a list of all the caches you found in order of their find.

Good luck and I hope this has helped.

I went out to two known caches (ones I've been to before), found them both. I did not see the options described at the bottom of the compass screen. Any other ideas?

Daniel

Once you have selected a geocache to find, you can either view it's location on the map or follow the compas pointer on the compass page. At the bottom of the compass page you will see three boxes, one of the boxes is "Found", highlight it and press enter and you have officially marked it as found and it will change from a closed treasure chest to an open one.

You can view your find order from the calender option. Press menu and look for the calendar option, it might be under the settings option but I can't remember right now, and open it up. Scroll down to the date you went caching and highlight it and press enter. It will generate a list of all the caches you found in order of their find.

Good luck and I hope this has helped.

Well somehow I messed it up something fierce. I pulled all my geocaches and waypoints into expertGPS and then did a hard reset to reset all the factory settings. The options now appear again. Not sure what I did. I do appreciate all the help though!

Daniel

Some important information was omitted by the previous posters. The "Found" button only appears on the navigation (compass) screen. It only appears if:

• your target is a true waypoint (not a POI)
  • the waypoint icon matches the unit's Unfound Geocache icon (default is the closed chest, but is user-changeable)
  • you are in Off-Road navigation mode