Travel Bug won't show mileage!

Morty's Twisted World

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

They must have a minimum of 30 miles before they show miles travelled.

Tommy TowTruck only has 26 miles on it and the mileage is showing. I think you need 30 miles for a map to show.

Miles might not show because people are grabbing it before the person before logs it into a cache. That would cause the mileage not to show. That's happened to my Rusty Spike travel bug. It looks like he was picked up, dropped off at another cache, then picked up again before he got logged into the cache. So right now he has no credit for any mileage, even though he's probably been in a cache.

Webfoot icon_razz.gif

Tromping through the underbrush looking for Ammo cans, Tupperware containers, & little round disks.

If you are talking about the Lowly Worm, it looks like it has never been logged into a cache since its original placement in the "Cedarbend by SavagePenguin & his father" cache. Unfortunately, people often physically place a T-bug in a cache, but never bother to “drop it off” when they log the cache. The next person just grabs the bug, and since it was never officially placed in the cache, no miles get added.

This has happened way too many times to my T-Bugs. If it happens when the T-Bug makes a big move, sometimes I will grab the T-Bug, place it in the cache myself and then ask the person who picked it up to go back on the website and retrieve it.

RM