why cant others play fair?

:DK

I think the unfair part that she is talking about is that they must have gotten the coords from the owner before it was published because they don't have notification.

Pretty sure most understood that. Again, how is this unfair?

Why do you give out the coordinates of your caches to friends before a cache is published as you have admitted to doing? I think that is a far more interesting question, and your answer might be illuminating to those of us who would not usually do that.

Everyone is assuming that all caches are place JUST to be found by members of Groundspeak.

I think the unfair part that she is talking about is that they must have gotten the coords from the owner before it was published because they don't have notification.

Why do you give out the coordinates of your caches to friends before a cache is published as you have admitted to doing? I think that is a far more interesting question, and your answer might be illuminating to those of us who would not usually do that.

Everyone is assuming that all caches are place JUST to be found by members of Groundspeak.

Exactly. If Joe Blow found the cache during the time it was placed and before it was published.....for any reason. They are the first to find.

Exactly. Geocaching.com is a site for listings. There's nothing in the guidelines that precludes a cache owner from listing his/her geocache elsewhere, or sharing coordinates in advance.

FTF seekers need to understand that the FTF game isn't an official part of Geocaching.com, and it's unreasonable for them to expect all other geocachers to play along with an additional set of rules not found in the guidelines.

In the past I was a FTF hound. I would make caches runs at any hour of the day regardless of weather to make a FTF. :grin: And there were FTF's that I made that were part of a series of caches in which I would not look for the other caches along the series. That is just the way it is with many cachers that want to get the FTF's on caches. I remember going for New caches while walking past older caches that would have been less than a minute out of my way, after when seeking a FTF other caches mean nothing :grin:

For me after 3 years of FTF grabing I just got tire of being on call 24/7. I think if I were to start seeking FTF' again I would have to invest in one of the smart phones so that I could get the notifications were ever I would be at the time. :D

I was once approached by a cop while I was on my hands and kness in the mud at 2AM while is was raining while trying for a FTF :D He asked what I was doind and when I told him he said geocachers were crazy and walked away, :D After an hour of looking I went home and posted my DNF. later in the day the CO reposted the correct coordintes, the orignal ones were off by about 2oo feet. :grin: BUt I made it back for the FTEdit ti add. What does it matter that the person had not loged any caches for 7 months? I get new caches notification every day but most of them are two or more miles from my home so trying for a FTF would be pointless with all the FTF hounds in my area with smart phones. Also what does premuim membership have to do with it anyway. I made a few FTF's before I was a premium member.

Edited by JohnnyVegas