City Navigator and Mapsource

GeoBobC

I was running Mapsource 6.13.7. I updated to 6.16.2. I like many features of 6.13. I can still run 6.13 since I saved a copy and placed it in a separate folder.

I also updated my City Navigator maps to version 2011.2. However, I can only see my original City Navigator NT 2009 in the map product drop down list in Mapsource 6.13. However, in Mapsource 6.16 I can see the 2009 version as well as the updated 2011.2.

Is there any way to see the updated CN 2011.2 version maps in Mapsource 6.13?

You can thank people that have pirated their maps. Garmin has changed the format of their map products to prevent this and they are now not compatible with the legacy software.

And to make things worse all they managed to do is make trouble for legit users. Pirates have already found workaround and are laughing at us. Thanks Garmin :P

They have changed the formatting so that it is common across platforms. It was not to make you mad. They needed a format that worked on MACs and PCs...

There is a program around to rearrange the new maps into the old format called MapReverseConverter.

They have changed the formatting so There is a program around to rearrange the new maps into the old format called ...

Nice, from the download page:

... has been downloaded a lot, but apparently it's used mainly for illegal purposes, so I decided to take it off-line.

Edited by coggins

They have changed the formatting so that it is common across platforms. It was not to make you mad. They needed a format that worked on MACs and PCs...

There is a program around to rearrange the new maps into the old format called MapReverseConverter.

Ha. It's not common across their older 6.13, and it made me mad. Oh well. :P

As this thread seem to have devolved into a discussion on how to pirate maps in winky-wink tones, I'm closing it.

Please do no use these forums to promote such software/sites, even if you wrap them in pink fluffy bunny suits. Do not open other threads to do it. Do not do it in existing threads.