Can't retreive waypoints from GPSMap 62s

roachgps

I've updated both Mapsource and the 62s firmware.

I can create waypoints in Mapsource and upload them to the unit, but can't retreive them from the unit. Tried deleting all waypoints from the 62s and reloading them from Mapsource (which works) but retreive fails every time.

Anyone have a cure?

I can create waypoints in Mapsource and upload them to the unit, but can't retreive them from the unit. Tried deleting all waypoints from the 62s and reloading them from Mapsource (which works) but retreive fails every time.

Anyone have a cure?

In mapsource, File => open. The GPS should show up as a drive, look in the folder X:\Garmin\GPX\. You will see one or more files called Waypoints_[Date].gpx.

Anyone have a cure?

What's the error/response on the Receive from Device?

Anyone have a cure?

In mapsource, File => open. The GPS should show up as a drive, look in the folder X:\Garmin\GPX\. You will see one or more files called Waypoints_[Date].gpx.

That did it!! Thanx Jsargent!

I confirmed the same issue. I now believe MapSource is antiquated software that never got updated to match modern Garmin GPS units such as Oregon and 62 series GPS units. In the old days I used to keep all my waypoints in one nice file. I suppose I will now have to adjust to multiple files or keep doing a cut and past to a master waypoint list and re-export it each time to the 62s (by the way also creating a new file name with the import date AnNoYiNg!). What a pain I agree!

Yes and I think each new day I go out to make a waypoint will create a new GPX file on my 62s with the date stamp.

I'm very annoyed by all this as well. There should be a setting or option to enable/disable auto file name to the waypoint file saving structure on the GPS unit. I suspect a lot of users wanted more flexibility in waypoint management, pressed Garmin and this is how they responded.

Blaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Good thing you can still manually do the File -> Open when your Garmin GPS unit is set to Serial mode.

If you want to keep it simple you don't need to invest time with other GPS softwares or applications unless you desire.

You can still do all you need if you like me invested in the MapSource and want to keep your process as lean as possible.

P.S.

Here is my reasoning:

I have been using an Outlook PST file for as long as PST files have been around.

I archive one simple file and all my contacts and emails are secure within that file....

Fortunately I don't have a new file to deal with every time I add a contact!

Edited by DelSolSea