Official Groundspeak Android app update

mty55

DON"T DO IT. I got the notification of the update. I figured have to go for it . I thought maybe they would make some improvements. Well ever since the update I open the app. It goes to the pretty screen with the trees and the disclaimer. Then instead of loading, it flashes what looks to be a warning screen but its gone too fast to read it. In the end it winds up back at your home page. So far went from so so to worthless :blink:

Ground speak please correct this.

Played around with the phone and found the solution to the problem . See post #3 :)

Edited by mty55

Found the solution. On the Droid I had to go to settings>applications>manage applications>downloaded>geocaching> clear data. Then went back opened the app went to settings and did a new log in. Seems to work now. Droid X running 2.2

Edited by mty55

Dont update! I used it before the update and it worked fine. After the update I cant search for caches anymore. It only gives "more" on the display but no caches. So now the program is totally useless.

I use SE Xperia X10 Droid 1.6

Mark

Dont update! I used it before the update and it worked fine. After the update I cant search for caches anymore. It only gives "more" on the display but no caches. So now the program is totally useless.

Mark

One of two solutions is available;

1. Clear the cache data. Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Manage applications>>All>Geocaching>>Clear data

2. Uninstall and reinstall the app.

Upgrade worked fine on my Droid without either of these, however have done it in earlierversions.

Mark

One of two solutions is available;

1. Clear the cache data. Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Manage applications>>All>Geocaching>>Clear data

2. Uninstall and reinstall the app.

Upgrade worked fine on my Droid without either of these, however have done it in earlierversions.