Can't remember travel bug numbers

PalmTroy

I picked up 2 travel bugs in South Carolina and loged them as I picked them up. Now that I have placed them I can't remember the numbers on them to log as to where I put them. Any Suggestions, short of going back out to find the cache again and writing down the numbers, would be great.

Tranks, and happy hunting.

Troy

When you log the caches that you put them in there should be a pull down menu listing the travel bugs that you have. It's on the bottom of the screen. You just pick the one you left and log your find (or note) like normal. No need to use the number again!

I've gotten into the habit of immediately recording the TB# as soon as I take it from the cache as a contingency in the event I place it elsewhere during the same trip (ie, TB is not with me when logging online).

btw, Markwell - I noticed your Aquaman TB has made it back to another of my I-5 caches after a not-so-direct southerly route from Washington. Hopefully it will start moving straight down I-5 from where it is now (and retain it's narrowly escaping cache plunder luck!).

-

I know I ended up taking Aquaman a bit North but I wanted to get him near I-5. I figured it would be his best shot for CA. Makaio's cache was one of the only ones that I could think of that was big enough for him, and he barely fit in that one! Hopefully he doesn't get taken too far off the beaten path again.

Newbie here

Thanks for the info. Will remember to note the number of the travel bug for posting notes or pics. And yes, I won't show the number anywhere.

Sorry I couldn't send Aquaman further south. Had it been about three weeks ago I could have dropped him down Redding way, as my daughter and I went backpacking in the Trinity Alps. Daughter wanted to take him, but after explaining his mission she understood. Showed her his path after we got home and she said this is just too cool. LOL

It's too bad that some of the travel bugs seem to remain in peoples hands for long peroids of time or end up missing all together. Is this so hard?

While Makio's idea of recording Travel bug number is a good one it's frustrating that you can't write or edit travel bug logs without the TB number.

Any cache log entry you've made can be edited if you're logged on the site and I feel that it should be the same for travel bugs. After all you can upload pictures to your travel bug log or delete it without the bug number so why should being able to edit the automatic log created when the bug is placed in a cache be any different?