Trying to find a Tbug

mrcpu

I went to a cache today to pick up a tbug and it's gone. The person who picked it up said they are moving it in their log but I wanted to watch it. Now that they've got it, it is gone from the page.

How do I search for the Tbug by name?

Rob

quote:
Originally posted by gm100guy:

This is my son's bug and we but it there. Did your seach work.

gm100guy

Yep! The search worked, thanks! I walked down to Lord Bathurst from Roselawn and Marlee and then continued down to St. Clair. :-(

I wish people would be a bit faster to log tbug activity. It's not the first time I've read about someone going out of their way to get a tbug, only to find it's not there and then 2 or 3 days later it shows up in the log!

Oh well, I'm not going to complain too loudly. It was the Happy Spaniel Expiditionary Force that found the tbug and I've enjoyed several of their caches so I GUESS I'll forgive them icon_wink.gif

Rob

quote:
Originally posted by gm100guy:

This is my son's bug and we but it there. Did your seach work.

gm100guy

Yep! The search worked, thanks! I walked down to Lord Bathurst from Roselawn and Marlee and then continued down to St. Clair. :-(

I wish people would be a bit faster to log tbug activity. It's not the first time I've read about someone going out of their way to get a tbug, only to find it's not there and then 2 or 3 days later it shows up in the log!

Oh well, I'm not going to complain too loudly. It was the Happy Spaniel Expiditionary Force that found the tbug and I've enjoyed several of their caches so I GUESS I'll forgive them icon_wink.gif

Rob

I had the same question a while ago and someone pointed out a previous responce from Maxwell. I took me to the Travel Bug's page and I got onto the watch list. Unfortunatly the bug hasn't moved since. The responce was as follows:

If you know the bug's name, go to www.google.com and in the search box type site:www.geocaching.com put a space and then type the bug's name in quotes (it has to be precise when you put it in quotes).

About 90% of the time, that will find the bug. It doesn't always work, but that's your best shot.

The other way would be to scroll through the 844 bugs that have pictures in the gallery and hope you come across it (if it even has a picture) .