Passing a TB to another cacher

the_irving

My wife is taking a trip soon to Virginia (we're in San Diego). I'd like to snag a Travel Bug (one whose aim is travelling long distances) and pass it on to my nephew in Virginia who has recently taken up geocaching. He could then leave the bug in one of the Virginia caches. My question is: How do I transfer the TB from my inventory to my nephew's, so he can log it when he places it?

quote:
Originally posted by hostetter:

...But is this a common or at least accepted practice, that the taker of a bug doesn't have to be the next placer of the bug, and handing off a bug to help facilitate it's goal is ok?

Well, a good source of info is the main Bug page, and it says:

"Q. What is a Travel Bug?

A. Simply put, a Travel Bug is a new form of hitchhiker you can track on Geocaching.com. A hitchhiker is basically an item that is carried from cache to cache (or person to person) and you can follow its progress online."

-WR

"Besides physical caches, we have VIRTUal and VIRTUeless."

Thank you, Kouros, for the solution:

-----------------------------

Just get your nephew to "grab" the bug, by him typing in the six-figure code, and ticking the box to say he's got it.

It'll disappear from your inventory, and reappear on his.

--------------------------------------------