Found Geocoin that I thought I placed in cache.

softballmom19

I discovered in my possession a geocoin that I thought I had placed into a cache only to now realize that all I placed into the cache was the plastic sleeve and the coin must have fallen out. "What would be the best thing to do now with this coin? I have contacted the owner to let them know what happened. They have not gotten back to me as of yet.

How long has it been since you contacted the owner?

If it was just the case it may still be in the cache. Any chance of going back out?

If you don't get this resolved here soon you may want to do a Retrieve and pull it back into your inventory so people aren't expecting to find it in the cache. You can drop it back in later.

When you say you thought that you'd placed it into a cache... Did you actually log the coin into the cache? i.e. is it showing as being in a cache, or still "in your hands"?

If you've logged it into a cache in error, go to that cache page and retrieve the geocoin so that it shows as being back with you.

Now, what about that empty sleeve? Did it have details of the geocoin and its mission in it? Or was it just the plastic sleeve and nothing else?

If it had name/maybe tracking number/mission details it would be good if you could go back and retrieve it all because other visitors to the cache may be confused if they find all that but no geocoin. However, if it was only the plastic sleeve I wouldn't worry - You can easily get another one of those to protect the coin.

MrsB