Cache site daytime only

SaintSteven

Hi. I'm a newbie and would like to know if it is acceptable to place a cache where it is only accessible during daytime only. The place I have in mind is a public park which has gates which are closed at early evening time, ie when it gets dark.

Any help will be appreciated as this is my first attempt at placing a cache. ;)

Yes it's OK.

List the times the park is open.

There is an attribute available-yes.gif, select the 'NO' version.

(It may be worthwhile posting a 'note to reviewer' asking for the cache to be published in the morning -rather than in the evening- to prevent any FTF hound going after it after the park has closed.)

As you are in the UK, you may find it worthwhile checking the local guidelines on the GAGB website, as well as Groundspeaks guidelines.

http://www.gagb.org.uk/

Edited by Bear and Ragged

Yes it's OK.

List the times the park is open.

There is an attribute available-yes.gif, select the 'NO' version.

(It may be worthwhile posting a 'note to reviewer' asking for the cache to be published in the morning -rather than in the evening- to prevent any FTF hound going after it after the park has closed.)

As you are in the UK, you may find it worthwhile checking the local guidelines on the GAGB website, as well as Groundspeaks guidelines.

http://www.gagb.org.uk/

Thank you for that information. It was most useful.

:anicute:

Posting the hours in the cache description isn't a bad idea either... you can be more specific there.

Attributes are great, but many don't look at them, or understand them... a simple Closed Dusk to Dawn is

all that is required... but use the attributes as well.

Doug 7rxc

Posting the hours in the cache description isn't a bad idea either... you can be more specific there.

Attributes are great, but many don't look at them, or understand them... a simple Closed Dusk to Dawn is

all that is required... but use the attributes as well.

Doug 7rxc

Thank you Doug. Your comments are much appreciated.

Mike

In the top right corner is a list of links. Click on the "edit attributes" link. After that, it should be obvious.

There's nothing wrong with including multiple attributes:

night-no.gifavailable-no.gif

That's what I did on a cache of mine that's available only during daylight hours.

Perhaps. But the "not 24/7" doesn't really add any information. If it's not available at night, then it's obviously not available around the clock.