Stranded Travel Bug

jollybgood

What do you think the chances are of my Travel Bug ever being recovered from its current location?

http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=3076

I've always been curious about the person who moved him here.

He has found exactly one cache (where he picked up my TB) and placed exactly one cache (where he placed the TB) almost 8,000 miles away. ;D

Maybe he lost interest in geocaching though I see he still visits the boards (based on the "last visited" entry in his profile.

At anyrate Willy the Outlaw has had an interesting journey. He actually turned up missing for several months before turning up again. I'm hoping somone picks him up again.

Jolly R. Blackburn

http://kenzerco.com

quote:
Originally posted by DUSTOFF8:

Perfect example of why not to place a cache while on vacation...

Also a good example of why people should read a TB's goals before placing them. I have bug that was placed in an out of the way cache in PA, and I have to wonder why someone would put it there.

I think if I was going to place a cache that far off the beaten path I would only put my own TB in it. I wouldn't strand a TB that belongs to someone else.

Of course, since this cache was placed using an obvious sock puppet account, you have to wonder if your bug is really there...

Dave_W6DPS

My two cents worth, refunds available on request. (US funds only)

quote:
Originally posted by Natureboy1376:

As the owner of this TB I would place a note on the cache page, saying please get him moving if you visit this cache!

NOSEEUMS--High Protien Low Calorie unpacked trail snacks!!!!

See You In the Woods!!!

Natureboy1376

OK Nature boy. Did you read the logs on the cache page and look at the map of where it is?

It's in the MARIANA ISLAND CHAIN!

quote:
Originally posted by Jolly B Good:

What do you think the chances are of my Travel Bug ever being recovered from its current location?

Even if the cache and placer are real, I rate the chances as slim icon_frown.gif Anyone that may have get a chance to find just might be deterred by the whole "its in a trash bag" thing icon_mad.gif

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

OK , what is a sock puppet account?

As for your bug..if it really is there I am sure sooner or later someone will happen along...maybe...

Too bad it isn't on Tahiti, Moorea or Bora Bora as I'll be visiting those islands shortly and hope to visit one or more of the 3 caches avalable there. Maybe the Marianas some other trip!!

Good luck!

gophertrax

Not all those who wander are lost. ---J.R.R. Tolkien

quote:
OK Nature boy. Did you read the logs on the cache page and look at the map of where it is?

I did read the logs and the cache, the way I see it is Someone went there and dropped the TB off, and it may take a while but someone will return to find the cache.... there for taking the 3 mins to write a simple note on the cache page for the next finder, isn't that hard to do.

Yeah it is a remote location but some has been there once and the TB may sit a while.. Who knows a cacher could be on a plane there right now to visit family, mean while planning to do that cache while there there....

NOSEEUMS--High Protein Low Calorie unpacked trail snacks!!!!

See You In the Woods!!!

Natureboy1376

quote:
Originally posted by gophertrax:

OK , what is a sock puppet account?

Its a 'fake' account created by someone so they feel comfortable in doing something they othewise wouldn't, if you knew who they were. (Bashing someone in the fora, stealing there TB, posting insulting logs, etc.)

Other terms are defined in Markwell's Geo-Neologisms

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg