11 1/1s on 1/1/11

JL_HSTRE

There's a challenge cache in Florida that requires finding a certain number of 1/1s on the 1st, 11th, 21st, or 31st of the month. So I was thinking of grabbing 11 1/1s on Saturday (9/11). But running a PQ alerted me that I would need to do quite a bit of driving to find them and I have some other plans for Saturday so I should postpone that.

But then I got an idea: next year is 2011. Lets all celebrate the 11th year of geocaching by finding 11 1/1s geocaches on New Years Day (1/1/11).

Who's with me?

There's a challenge cache in Florida that requires finding a certain number of 1/1s on the 1st, 11th, 21st, or 31st of the month. So I was thinking of grabbing 11 1/1s on Saturday (9/11). But running a PQ alerted me that I would need to do quite a bit of driving to find them and I have some other plans for Saturday so I should postpone that.

But then I got an idea: next year is 2011. Lets all celebrate the 11th year of geocaching by finding 11 1/1s geocaches on New Years Day (1/1/11).

Who's with me?

You could also do it on Jan 11th, November 1st or November 11.

My 909th find was at an event held on 09/09/09.

Who's with me?

Nice idea and I would like to participate. But I live in a rural area and have already found most of the caches nearby. I also live in a northern climate with lots of snow. I would have to drive several hundred miles to find a cache density where I could find 11 1/1s. I guess that just goes with the territory :) I'll be cheering everyone on while watching college football from my nice warm family room. Best wishes to all who give it a try.