Stroller friendly hike with multiple caches?

tocaj

With a recent addition to the family, my wife and I have been looking for some simple, stroller friendly hikes so we can get out and find some caches again.

Any suggestions in the GTA? We're in Burlington, so anything as close to home as possible would be great.

Thanks very much.

there's about 15 caches on the Beach Boulevard in Burlington, its a nice paved trail and all the caches are very close to the trail

http://www.geocaching.com/map/default.aspx...;zm=13&mt=m

That Hamilton Beach trail is a favourite spot for Kitten on the hunt and myself. We love to park on the Hamilton side of the lift bridge and have a picnic on the beach then walk, bike or rollerblade from there to Centennial Park and back. Strollers are a non-issue on that trail - and it's quite enjoyable.

We also enjoy the stroller friendly caches. Much easier using a stroller and taking your time enjoying a nice stroll than having to carry the baby in a Snugli or back pack type carrier.

There's a couple of series along the Caledon Trailway. My wife, baby (in stroller) and I placed 13 caches along the very stroller friendly rail trail yesterday (I still have to submit a number of them). Here's a link to the one that starts on the west end of the trail: http://coord.info/GCZZX3

I forgot about my own set on that trail way North of Brampton. Look for GC2DJQY. They are based on mountains out in British Columbia and Alberta.

Mind you, if you're going to drive to Caledon, you may as well head to the Brantford power trails. It's pretty much the same distance from Burlington but you'll have way more caches to find.

For example there's the BPACH. the Winter Olympics, the Star Wars Series and the list goes on and on.

I forgot about my own set on that trail way North of Brampton. Look for GC2DJQY. They are based on mountains out in British Columbia and Alberta.

Mind you, if you're going to drive to Caledon, you may as well head to the Brantford power trails. It's pretty much the same distance from Burlington but you'll have way more caches to find.

For example there's the BPACH. the Winter Olympics, the Star Wars Series and the list goes on and on.

Totally agree. Brantford would be a very quick drive from Burlington. I just completed the Winter Olympics and Star Wars series and they're on paved trails the entire route. It would be a great walk with a stroller or an easy bike ride if you have the right equipment for kids.

What type of stroller do you have? We have ones with the larger inflatable wheels which makes many of the Halton conservation area trails easily accessible for us.

Great suggestion. We found hauling the kids around in these carriers while on the trails MUCH easier than getting the strollers out. The added benefit is you can also be out and active in the winter when the snow keeps the strollers at home.

We really liked the MEC carrier (which also happens to be more affordable).

MEC Carrier Link

Although, note that these carriers aren't great for newborns.