Getting the hints to show on PDA

CaryHaven

Thanks to Wadcutter for finding a program that works with my PDA. (Dell Axim X50). Everything looks fine except the hint area. There's nothing about "decrypting" anything, only a sentence that says "Additional Hints (Highlight blank area to see)." I'm clicking and dragging the blank area but nothing shows up. I know the answer is simple but I just can't figure it out. This is also a new PDA for me so maybe there's a trick to it. Anyone have this problem?

Edited by CaryHaven

"Additional Hints (Highlight blank area to see)." I'm clicking and dragging the blank area but nothing shows up.

You're probably doing it, but, just in case you read it wrong.

Click (press) and hold the stylus/pen and drag, to highlight the area.

It's white text on a white background, when you highlight (light blue) the area the text shows.

Q. How are you creating the files, and transferring them to the PDA?

edit to add:

4953915026_10944b4750_b.jpg

Edited by Bear and Ragged

Thanks to Wadcutter for finding a program that works with my PDA. (Dell Axim X50). Everything looks fine except the hint area. There's nothing about "decrypting" anything, only a sentence that says "Additional Hints (Highlight blank area to see)." I'm clicking and dragging the blank area but nothing shows up. I know the answer is simple but I just can't figure it out. This is also a new PDA for me so maybe there's a trick to it. Anyone have this problem?

I am using a Dell Axim X5 - I use Cachemate software on it. You can get it at smittyware for $8.00

You will get the entire geocache detail page and the 5 last logs.

While we have this topic open, I have a question.

I'm using GSAK, Cachemate and an M500 series PDA.

I'm only getting the last log, not the last 5. What settings are wrong, where do I find them, and how do I fix it.

If you are sure there are 5 logs to send...

When you export from GSAK there is a setting "Number of logs to include" set to whatever you want.

The more you include, the bigger the file, so don't go too high!

Thanks...GSAK export was set to 'default' which is 1 log.

I'm a bit of a chicken when it comes to playing with settings on things...have a bad history of managing to screw things up... B) so I tend to leave things alone. but I think I've got it set to what I want now.

If you're happy with the settings press 'save' and give them a name.

You can then use them the next time you need them. And...

Then if you play around with the settings in the future, you still have your original settings!

"Additional Hints (Highlight blank area to see)." I'm clicking and dragging the blank area but nothing shows up.

You're probably doing it, but, just in case you read it wrong.

Click (press) and hold the stylus/pen and drag, to highlight the area.

It's white text on a white background, when you highlight (light blue) the area the text shows.

Q. How are you creating the files, and transferring them to the PDA?

edit to add:

4953915026_10944b4750_b.jpg

LOL Thanks - I can't believe it but I was highlighting the wrong area. I thought it was the bigger blank area just above the sentence but it was the line below. And btw, I run pocket queries and save them to my computer, then move them to my PDA where I open them with GPXSonar. There might be an easier way but that's the way that works for me so far. Thanks again!

While we have this topic open, I have a question.

I'm using GSAK, Cachemate and an M500 series PDA.

I'm only getting the last log, not the last 5. What settings are wrong, where do I find them, and how do I fix it.

If you are sure there are 5 logs to send...

When you export from GSAK there is a setting "Number of logs to include" set to whatever you want.

The more you include, the bigger the file, so don't go too high!

With GSAK you will only get the last 5 logs unless you keep downloading caches that you haven't found into the same GSAK database. By continuing to download into the same database the cache name and information is not duplicated but any additional logs that were posted since your last query will be in the last 5. However, if you have "banked" additional logs select "Past Logs" in Cachemate for anything you have over 5.