Backups?

yspelipe

I think the real question is "Why do you ask about their backups?"

In case my computer crashes and I loose data about my caches... or if Groundspeak servers crashed or something... IDK I just wanted to know whether or not I should have backups of my cache info on my computer...

In case my computer crashes and I loose data about my caches... or if Groundspeak servers crashed or something... IDK I just wanted to know whether or not I should have backups of my cache info on my computer...

It can't hurt. Easiest way is just to download the GPX file from each of your caches (assuming you're a PM). That will have all the info you need.

Edited by Prime Suspect

If you value your data - ANY of your data - you should be backing it up yourself and not depending upon someone else to do it.

Groundspeak is only backing up the data you have provided. If you have other data about your caches (notes, info on how to solve the puzzle, where you bought the stuff you put in it, etc.) it's up to you to be backing it up.