humanist/atheist geocoin?

pacman529

Hopefully this won't prolong the religious debate too much as I realise that's inappropriate. I would just like to say that many religious folk have questioned their faith, thought long and hard and reasoned it out. It is almost a necessity to do so when you are swimming against the tide of atheism. As you may have guessed, I've got religion and I'm free to think too.

By the way, the Jefferson quote is great. It should be on the coin.

oh no i completely understand I've got quite a few friends (including my best friend) who have very thoroughly questioned their faith, and i respect them all the more for it. but some people are able to avoid even thinking about it, writing it off as the devil's work and what not.

i think in the context of criticizing religion, it is saying more that a large majority of religious people tend to be more close minded when it comes to questioning their religious beliefs. i.e. otherwise completely rational and skeptical people who use normal logic and reasoning and questioning skills in everyday life refuse to use those same skills on their own faith.

but i don't really want to discuss this TOO much further, for fear that this will turn into a religious debate.

But my point is that the coin (with the quote) is not meant to criticize religion, right? If someone takes it that way, maybe they are reading more into the quote than they should be.

I didn't see anyone here suggesting that people who are <insert religion here> fail to think.

I'm looking forward to seeing the coin come to fruition.

c2a0670a-44cc-4b01-bdaf-df3ea3682f8d.jpg

bf6a9d21-9acc-409f-b067-586d51ce595f.jpg

i kinda like it! a few things though

what is that surface?

instead of "Humanist Geocoin" what if it just said "Humanism"

how about on the back if it just had the quote, without the humanist symbol? that would give it more room for the font to be bigger, don't you think?

could you also add room for the usual geocaching stuff, i.e. "trackable on geocaching.com" and room for a code?

sorry i can't be of much help. i just tried using adobe illustrator and had no idea what i was doing and i was not getting anywhere

what is that surface?

Just one of the standard "mottled" effects i use as a contrast when the foreground is flat. Another way to do it is to have a flat background and make the emblem and lettering 3D. I chose the first option as it was quick. On the weekend I'll revert to a flat background so you can concentrate on what you want done with the lettering and emblem.

instead of "Humanist Geocoin" what if it just said "Humanism"

how about on the back if it just had the quote, without the humanist symbol? that would give it more room for the font to be bigger, don't you think?

will do

could you also add room for the usual geocaching stuff, i.e. "trackable on geocaching.com" and room for a code?

can do if you like ( keep in mind that you can place those details on the edge of the coin)

sorry i can't be of much help. i just tried using adobe illustrator and had no idea what i was doing and i was not getting anywhere

You should invest some time and learn to use Illustrator seeing you have it :0)

Edited by haysonics

what is that surface?

Just one of the standard "mottled" effects i use as a contrast when the foreground is flat. Another way to do it is to have a flat background and make the emblem and lettering 3D. I chose the first option as it was quick. On the weekend I'll revert to a flat background so you can concentrate on what you want done with the lettering and emblem.

will do

can do if you like ( keep in mind that you can place those details on the edge of the coin)

You should invest some time and learn to use Illustrator seeing you have it :0)

sweet! thanks for your help! although right now i won't have a whole lot of time to teach myself how to use illustrator, as i'm moving back to school tomorrow and i'm gunna be taking 18 credit hours!