looking for a bee sting product containing lidocaine

Recently suffered a few runins with bees and wasps. Had a first aid kit that included lidocaine wipes. Does anyone know where I can find repalcement wipes, or a product containing lidocaine that is safe for OTC use? I have read that lidocaine is usually used in a hospital in injectable form, so not sure if this is really the active ingredient I should be looking for.

Recently suffered a few runins with bees and wasps. Had a first aid kit that included lidocaine wipes. Does anyone know where I can find repalcement wipes, or a product containing lidocaine that is safe for OTC use? I have read that lidocaine is usually used in a hospital in injectable form, so not sure if this is really the active ingredient I should be looking for.

Consult your local pharmacist. That's what they do.

Non-allergic victims will almost always develop local reactions to bee stings. Redness, swelling, and pain are all common at the site of the bee sting. The pain will usually go away pretty quickly, but swelling may last for more than a day. Use an ice pack to reduce swelling at the site.

It's common to develop some itching at the bee sting site. Antihistamines or calamine lotion should help.

Did a little more research. Apparently there are creams containing as much as 4% lidocaine that are not on the shelf but OTC and are used to prepare for tattooing. Perhaps I'll get me one of those geoching tattoos :ph34r:

What kind of a panty-waste sissy would get numbed up before a tattoo?

:D

(this isn't a personal attack. It's a post of humor)