deactivated caches

WilkosLeics

i would like there to be an option when searching for caches, to be able to not show the caches that have been deactivated, there are options for the type of cache you can and can't see. it is annoying when your looking for caches to go into one and find they are no more

i would like there to be an option when searching for caches, to be able to not show the caches that have been deactivated, there are options for the type of cache you can and can't see. it is annoying when your looking for caches to go into one and find they are no more

Disabled caches are not the same as archived ones. Disabled means that for some reason the cache is temporarily unavailable, be it maintenance, or anticipation of archiving. To me if a chache is disabled I'll check the logs for the reason and if it's just a matter of DNFs I might go look for it if I'm in the area. Who knows.... I just may be the one to find it.

Edited for clarity

Edited by ngrrfan

there is such option when you run pocket queries, just check the box "Is Active"

other than that on the map they will be grayed out and on the list to the right of the map you will see them crossed out

archived caches don't show up at all

Edited by t4e

Not going to happen.

The question was asked on the Feedback site.

Jeremy's response was more or less 'get the cache owner to fix it, or get it archived.'

huh, what option are you talking about? :)

links are always useful when referring to something like that

Edited by t4e

Not going to happen.

The question was asked on the Feedback site.

Jeremy's response was more or less 'get the cache owner to fix it, or get it archived.'

huh, what option are you talking about? :)

links are always useful when referring to something like that

I know.

Have you tried to find a reply over on the Feedback site?

It ain't easy!

(Near impossible, if it's a day or two old!)

Linky! :D

Edited by Bear and Ragged

I know.

Have you tried to find a reply over on the Feedback site?

It ain't easy!

(Near impossible, if it's a day or two old!)

Linky! :D

yes i know its hard, that's why i asked for the link :)

anyways, reading some of the replies there i see there are people that can't differentiate between "disabled" and "archived" status as well as what the map shows/says and what the cache page says

The curse of IE. With FF there is a nice greasemonkey script that adds the check box to hide disabled caches. Use it all the time and it is really nice.

The curse of IE. With FF there is a nice greasemonkey script that adds the check box to hide disabled caches. Use it all the time and it is really nice.

+1

Many more benefits to that script and other geocaching Greasemonkey scripts in general. Wanna go to a cache page and find out immediately if you've found it already? There's an app for that. Want to know if any of a group of your friends have found it already? There's also an app for that. Don't like the way the gallery pictures are laid out? Guess what... there's an app for that, too. I could continue, but I hope you get the idea.