Garmin BirdsEye, down again?

Is anybody having issues with BirdsEye imagery downloads today? I have tried downloading a few areas this morning and it is not working for me. It was down this weekend and this is what one of the Garmin App Devolopers said in response to the outage on their forums:

Desktop App Developer

Default BirdsEye outage 7/24 - 7/26

We are currently investigating the BirdsEye outage that occurred over the weekend.

It appears that service was restored around 9AM PDT this morning.

I'll post again when we have more information.

Desktop App Developer

What did happen?

A couple things I want to clarify based on what I read in the other thread that was discussing the issue.

1. The forums are staffed by the desktop application developers. Unfortunately with a system such as BirdsEye that has numerous moving pieces (Garmin servers, partner servers, our software, etc) we don't have visibility into every piece.

2. The boards are only monitored 8-5 M-F. Even then because its only developers checking it may be hours or even the next day before you get a response.

3. The forums are primarily meant for feedback on the applications, not as product support. If you think that expanded support forums are useful please make your voices heard to our product support team.

With all that being said we will still try to do the best we can to help out with issues that are posted.

If the Garmin forums are not for support, why do they exist?

So, why is it that I can't download anything this morning?

Edited by jeepdelfuego