Oregon 450 2 maps at once?

Hi, I am thinking about getting a Oregon 450 and I was wondering if I could install 2 sets of maps at once.

Like maybe installing a few states of the City Navigator to the internal memory and having my TOPO 2008 sd card on top of that. So I can get turn by turn directions and have my TOPOs which are great for caching. Can this be done and how easy is it switching between the two maps? Or will the turn by turn know of the City Navigator maps and use them for routing?

Hi, I am thinking about getting a Oregon 450 and I was wondering if I could install 2 sets of maps at once.

Like maybe installing a few states of the City Navigator to the internal memory and having my TOPO 2008 sd card on top of that. So I can get turn by turn directions and have my TOPOs which are great for caching. Can this be done and how easy is it switching between the two maps? Or will the turn by turn know of the City Navigator maps and use them for routing?

Yes it can be done...I do this on my Colorado (Oregon is very similar). I have mine set up with two profiles: Automotive has the City Navigator active, Geocaching has the Topo active.

Yes it can be done...I do this on my Colorado (Oregon is very similar). I have mine set up with two profiles: Automotive has the City Navigator active, Geocaching has the Topo active.

So it is possible to use the internal memory for map storage?

I have both turned on and active at the same time.

Yes, you can store maps on internal memory...you may not be able to fit the entire US, so check your available space before you select the tiles you would like to load.

The gpsfiledepot has overlay/transparent contour mapsets - thus you can have CN plus contour lines displayed at the same time.

Do NOT put anything else on the TOPO 2008 SD card - it will likely destroy the TOPO 2008 data and Garmin will NOT replace it..

Edited by snowfleurys

the voice directions aren't part of the maps though, are they? they're a device feature, no?

I believe that the voice is part of the device and not the maps. On my Oregon I have street maps on and there is no voice and just beeps. That is a limitation in the device and not the maps. I have the same maps on my Nuvi and there is voice directions.