Placing a TB in a muticache, rules?!

Zilversurfer

I am planning to hide my first own multicache. There will be one or more containers that will give the coordinates to the final cache which will be a micro (filmcontainer).

My question:

Is it ok to place a travellerbug in one of the containers leading to the final one?

Have never seen this before and not sure if it's concidered to be OK or not?!

There is no rule that would be against it - I've never seen it before, too. If the container is large enough, why not? :lol:

Mezgrman

Awesome, thank you for your quick response!

Then I'm off hiding and planning... If anyone have a second opinion about it please let me know, I'll check this thread again before publishing the cache.

Thanks!

I am planning to hide my first own multicache. There will be one or more containers that will give the coordinates to the final cache which will be a micro (filmcontainer).

My question:

Is it ok to place a travellerbug in one of the containers leading to the final one?

Have never seen this before and not sure if it's concidered to be OK or not?!

Interesting question. I am NOT a big fan of Micro caches. I cringe a little every time I see another Multi has been listed as a Regular size but the stages are Micro. I do not hide Micro's. I do hide Regular Multi Caches and the Stages are at least Small. But enough about me.

You are proposing a radical new concept in my experience. A Micro Multi Final with at least 1 Small/Regular stage. I can't think of any rule guideline prohibiting you from using a Small/Regular stage and placing a Coin or TB in it. Is this supposed to be a one time launch of your TB, or are you hoping to house future placements from seekers as well? If so, do consider this. Some cachers will not read your cache page. Even if you put a notice on the page in huge red flashing letters, some seekers will not see it. Unless you put a clearly worded notice in the Small/Regular Coin/TB stage, many WILL be confused. I also echo the Bear and Ragged concern here.

Good Luck with your Multi experiment, but please consider a better final container than a "filmcontainer". Unless it is well protected from the weather it will leak. The log will get wet soaked and the cache experience will be diminished.

Interesting question. I am NOT a big fan of Micro caches. I cringe a little every time I see another Multi has been listed as a Regular size but the stages are Micro. I do not hide Micro's. I do hide Regular Multi Caches and the Stages are at least Small. But enough about me.

You are proposing a radical new concept in my experience. A Micro Multi Final with at least 1 Small/Regular stage. I can't think of any rule guideline prohibiting you from using a Small/Regular stage and placing a Coin or TB in it. Is this supposed to be a one time launch of your TB, or are you hoping to house future placements from seekers as well? If so, do consider this. Some cachers will not read your cache page. Even if you put a notice on the page in huge red flashing letters, some seekers will not see it. Unless you put a clearly worded notice in the Small/Regular Coin/TB stage, many WILL be confused. I also echo the Bear and Ragged concern here.

Good Luck with your Multi experiment, but please consider a better final container than a "filmcontainer". Unless it is well protected from the weather it will leak. The log will get wet soaked and the cache experience will be diminished.

+1

Is this supposed to be a one time launch of your TB, or are you hoping to house future placements from seekers as well? If so, do consider this. Some cachers will not read your cache page. Even if you put a notice on the page in huge red flashing letters, some seekers will not see it. Unless you put a clearly worded notice in the Small/Regular Coin/TB stage, many WILL be confused. I also echo the Bear and Ragged concern here.

Good points, thanks!

Agree with you both, there probably is a big risk for confusion there!

Will probably save the last spot with the micro for a regular geocache, no room for a bigger container there.

There is no rule that would be against it - I've never seen it before, too. If the container is large enough, why not? :lol:

Mezgrman

Awesome, thank you for your quick response!

Then I'm off hiding and planning... If anyone have a second opinion about it please let me know, I'll check this thread again before publishing the cache.

Thanks!

This is just a tip about multi-caches that I have learned. Most people don't want to do a multi-cache that leads to a micro. And about the TB, you can place it in any container large enough in the multi-cache if you want to.