premium caches & TB's

spyder8

the cacher who dropped your TB is premium member.

the TB doesn't show up in the invenrory because he didn't log it properly. TBs can be dropped into premium-only caches just like with any other caches.

edit: actually, the cacher who dropped it isn't premium member, but apparently they went with someone else who is. send a message to the cacher who dropped it and give them the link http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?ID=1795522 - they can log the cache using that link and thus drop the TB properly. alernatively, you can use that link to post a note to the cache and drop your TB yourself, after you grabbed it.

also send a message to cacher "watersongs" - they put the tracking number of your TB in their "found" log of that cache, which is a no-no. they should remove it.

big mess there.

Edited by dfx

I dropped this travel bug off at Planeview Travel Plaza Bug Hotel GC2C260

that's the (Premium) Geocache number - not a TB tracking number -

Check their first Found it log.

since I'm not currently a Premium Member, I can't see anything about the cache...

which is why I started this topic in the first place.

(we dropped off radar when son got older - just re-started for some Boy Scout 100 year anniv stuff)

Edited by spyder8

Ah, sorry. It said PM under your forum avatar. My mistake.

Sent you a private message.

tnx for the note -

Not sure what the "Group: Premium Members" actually implies vs the "Premium Member" directly under the avatar...

unless it gets assigned when you ARE a premium... but never gets reset when that status lapses.

I wish that a Premium Cache would display some minimum info - just like a normal cache does when you are not signed in. At least display the name and some other very basic info, the Inventory, and maybe that's it - no logs, no location.... so at least you can see that it exists vs just a dumb error message.

Edited by spyder8