Garmin Dakota

Hi

I have just upgraded to a Garmin Dakota 20 from a Garmin Venture. Before I just selected, download all and off I went with the downloaded waypoints I used to use easy gps to do this. Any advice on what programme I need to install to download all information for paperless caching, as easy gps only seems to give me the waypoints with no other information. Also how can I bulk delete what I have already downloaded.

Thanks for any help

Ian (Seeusoon)

Hi

I have just upgraded to a Garmin Dakota 20 from a Garmin Venture. Before I just selected, download all and off I went with the downloaded waypoints I used to use easy gps to do this. Any advice on what programme I need to install to download all information for paperless caching, as easy gps only seems to give me the waypoints with no other information. Also how can I bulk delete what I have already downloaded.

Thanks for any help

Ian (Seeusoon)

I just do a pocket query and download that to my pc. Then unzip the pq file. Plug in the dakota to your pc. Go to my computor select the drive that shows the dakota. Go to the garmin file open the gpx file folder. Open the file on your pc that has the unzipped pq and move it to the gpx folder on your dakota.

Hi

Thanks for any help

Ian (Seeusoon)

I just do a pocket query and download that to my pc. Then unzip the pq file. Plug in the dakota to your pc. Go to my computor select the drive that shows the dakota. Go to the garmin file open the gpx file folder. Open the file on your pc that has the unzipped pq and move it to the gpx folder on your dakota.

Thanks I'll give it a go

Hi

Thanks for any help

Ian (Seeusoon)

Thanks I'll give it a go

Hi

I use a Mac running OS X in conjunction with a Dakota 20. You could also send bulk cache info to a freely available application called Basecamp, and then with the GPS connected to the computer, transfer them to the Dakota.

Happy caching!

Bikehog