Endura Out&Back problem with gpx

You don't indicate how you go about downloading the files, but, if you are doing it directly from the cache page the files are *.loc files rather than *.gpx files. This would likely explain the mysterious file migration you are experiencing.

Sorry, I am mistaken. I tried this myself and the loc files did not migrate.

Ok, now i'm impressed. If i send LOC-Files to the device it works. But wy do gpx-files coming along with "type= geocache" not work? Do they have to be from geocaching.com or what is different with them? Thought the format is standard.

rasmus

Edited by rasmus_rotbart

Ok, now i'm impressed. If i send LOC-Files to the device it works. But wy do gpx-files coming along with "type= geocache" not work? Do they have to be from geocaching.com or what is different with them? Thought the format is standard.

rasmus

I can confirm that the GPX & LOC files that are downloaded from www.geocaching .com when loaded into the GPX folder on the Endura will be loaded as Geocaches. It is also my understanding that the geocaching type of GPX files is a standard, I will try to confirm that.

If you want to send me a Private Message I would be happy to see if I can figure out what is going on with your GPX files.

Hi all,

I have the same issue as rasmus: when transfering a GPX Pocket Query from GC.com, all the caches get recorded as waypoints instead of Geocaches.

I will try the .LOC option however I think this is quite strange as GPX should be the standard, no?

Regards danboss

Hi all,

I have the same issue as rasmus: when transfering a GPX Pocket Query from GC.com, all the caches get recorded as waypoints instead of Geocaches.

I will try the .LOC option however I think this is quite strange as GPX should be the standard, no?

Regards danboss

Hey danboss,

You should be able to directly copy the geocache gpx file into the gpx folder on your Endura. They should then show up as geocaches. If you also copy over the second zipped file, geocache waypoints, then they will also show up as waypoints.

If you are still having problems please send me a PM with your phone number and I will call you to help in getting this resolved.

Thanks,

EE

Dear EnduraExpert,

Thank you very much for the quick response.

I was able to resolve the issue in the meantime: it was related to the file-size (> 3MB). I have now downloaded the Pocket Query to GSAK and used a macro to split it up in chunks of 250 caches. This brought the gpx file size down to acceptable levels and finally I am able to see "my" caches in the gps!

Would be good if the tool would support the new 1000-cache-gpx files once in a while :)

Thanks danboss