Travel bug logs

I have 2 quick questions:

1) If I have a travel bug, and I give it to somebody who does not currently have a geocaching account for them to put in a cache (to help with the goal) how would I log it???

2) Also, how do I say that I dropped off a travel bug? I only see 2 options: Discovered and write note (what does that mean???).

Does anybody know the answer to these questions???

(Please :) )

2) Also, how do I say that I dropped off a travel bug? I only see 2 options: Discovered and write note (what does that mean???).

When you log a Found it on a cache, before you hit submit scroll down to the bottom of the page and select the bug currently in your inventory that you want to drop.

If you are re-visiting a cache post a Note on the cache and drop the bug.

Hi,

1) You would have to "drop" it into the cache that they place it in (see the answer for 2))

2) To "drop" off a TB, go to the cache page of the cache you found/want to place the bug in. Click "Log Your Visit". Log the cache as normal (choose "Write Note" if you are dropping bug in a cache that you have already found or are "dropping" it into the cache that your friend found.

If you have already "retrieved" the TB, you should see it in your inventory below the log text box. Click on the TB that you want to drop and then submit your log:

ca6dc36eec68580932d78bb84069f558.png

Hope this helps,

Kyle

I have 2 quick questions:

1) If I have a travel bug, and I give it to somebody who does not currently have a geocaching account for them to put in a cache (to help with the goal) how would I log it???

Does anybody know the answer to these questions???

(Please :laughing: )

How do you log a grab???

Hi,

1) You would have to "drop" it into the cache that they place it in (see the answer for 2))

2) To "drop" off a TB, go to the cache page of the cache you found/want to place the bug in. Click "Log Your Visit". Log the cache as normal (choose "Write Note" if you are dropping bug in a cache that you have already found or are "dropping" it into the cache that your friend found.

If you have already "retrieved" the TB, you should see it in your inventory below the log text box. Click on the TB that you want to drop and then submit your log:

ca6dc36eec68580932d78bb84069f558.png

Hope this helps,

Kyle

Thanks a lot, I just don't know how to get a bug out to near Vancouver.

How do you log a grab???

Typically you would log a Grab when it is in the hands of another cacher. You log it as you would when it is sitting in a cache, but the option, instead of retrieve, will show as: Grab it from current holder (cacher name)

2aa6230d-5591-4d3a-a3a4-d25afeb872df.jpg

Edited by BlueDeuce