Magnetic Car Travel Bugs

russellkit

I recently bought a static cling travel bug for my new car, but since the windows are so dark no one can see the bug. So I was thinking about a magnetic travel bug to put on the outside of the vehicle. I'm wondering, has anyone had problems with them being stolen off their cars? I don't want to put the money out and have some one steal it. I don't care for bumper stickers, and it sounds like the other type of car travel bug is like that. I'd be interested in knowing good or bad experiences people have had with magnetic travel bugs on their cars. Thanks.

I recently bought a static cling travel bug for my new car, but since the windows are so dark no one can see the bug. So I was thinking about a magnetic travel bug to put on the outside of the vehicle. I'm wondering, has anyone had problems with them being stolen off their cars? I don't want to put the money out and have some one steal it. I don't care for bumper stickers, and it sounds like the other type of car travel bug is like that. I'd be interested in knowing good or bad experiences people have had with magnetic travel bugs on their cars. Thanks.

Had one for several years now and no one has ever bothered it.

Just remember to take it off before going through a car wash.

I our area, these are very popular. There are several manufacturers that make them.

I was looking at the static cling and the magnetic TB for my car.

Because the car is black, with dark tinted windows, I went with the peel and stick deco. I think it looked a lot better then the magnetic one. (car TB http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2862262)

We do have a couple magnetic TBs (wife sells them in her online Geocaching store).

The Groundspeak one is a gray, with a hint of blue in it. It looked odd on our gray Dodge Caravan.

It looked really bad on my black SRT.

If you would like more info, let me know. We have a couple different car TBs (cling, P&S, magnetic).