Incorrect coordinates

I just tried to get a new cache released and was told there is a puzzle cache about 200 feet away. However, the puzzle cache is not there, but 1.5 miles away. I know this because I have found the puzzle cache.

The problem is the puzzle cache owner will not respond to emails. What would one suggest on getting the correct coordinates into the geocaching.com system? By the way, this is an old puzzle that did not require coordinates inputted in the form at that time.

I see that the conflicting hidden puzzle cache waypoint is indeed recorded on the older cache page. Your reviewer can only go by the information available in the waypoints database.

Have you written an email to the reviewer, explaining why you think the hidden waypoint is incorrect? You could, for example, demonstrate how you arrived at the puzzle solution coordinates.

On one or two occasions I've been persuaded to be flexible when faced with the same problem. Good, convincing communications are your best friend.

or maybe the OP is thinking about a different puzzle cache?

I was thinking about this, but in my limited experience of getting caches denied due to proximity issues, I've been told which cache I'm too close to. If the OP has the cache on his found list, and was told that was the one he was too close to...

Some puzzle caches contain an actual red herring cache, where at least two containers are placed. One is the real cache and the other is the red herring. You may think you solved the puzzle only to arrive at GZ and find a container that states you found the red herring.

How do you know which solution is correct?

Well, on a good puzzle cache in which there is a red herring you would be presented with a set of "instructions" and they will lead you to the correct coords. But if you find a set of coords and you did not use the instructions then they will lead you to the red herring coords.

I have completed a really good puzzle in which the CO stated on the page that there was a red herring. There was also a unique "prize" in each of the containers so a lot of cachers solved the puzzle for both the correct coords and the red herring and got both "prizes".

So to answer your question, both the actual cache and the red herring cache could have no new cache placed within 528 feet.

Have you written an email to the reviewer, explaining why you think the hidden waypoint is incorrect? You could, for example, demonstrate how you arrived at the puzzle solution coordinates.

This is almost always a good solution.

I was thinking about this, but in my limited experience of getting caches denied due to proximity issues, I've been told which cache I'm too close to. If the OP has the cache on his found list, and was told that was the one he was too close to...

It can depend. There is an infamous puzzle cache on my home turf for which the local reviewer is very good about not inadvertently revealing its identity in cases like these.