Map Questions

Hey Gang...

Not sure what area this should be in and feel free to move it if I am in the wrong place...

I have a question about maps....

I have been using Mapsource with Metroguide for some time....

Along with Metrowizz to allow me to autoroute on my Venture Cx

I was out looking today at free maps etc. http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/

Now i have two questions...

1. Is the Ibycus USA Map (last updated 2009) any better then the standard Metroguide maps?

2. It seems when I use Metrowizz to upload maps to my Venture... that it erases the maps present and only writes the filesbeing uploaded... Can I upload both maps to my GPS?

I know....this is probably all newb crap that all of you have dealt with a 100 times in the last few years... but I must admit that I do not know EVERYTHING about il eTrex.

So it's easier to just feel dumb and ask :lol:

Thanks for reading and replying.....

Cujo31

Hey Gang...

Not sure what area this should be in and feel free to move it if I am in the wrong place...

I have a question about maps....

I have been using Mapsource with Metroguide for some time....

Along with Metrowizz to allow me to autoroute on my Venture Cx

I was out looking today at free maps etc. http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/

Now i have two questions...

1. Is the Ibycus USA Map (last updated 2009) any better then the standard Metroguide maps?

2. It seems when I use Metrowizz to upload maps to my Venture... that it erases the maps present and only writes the filesbeing uploaded... Can I upload both maps to my GPS?

I know....this is probably all newb crap that all of you have dealt with a 100 times in the last few years... but I must admit that I do not know EVERYTHING about il eTrex.

So it's easier to just feel dumb and ask :lol:

Thanks for reading and replying.....

Cujo31

1. I don't believe the Ibycus maps autoroute like Metroguide with Metrowizz. Otherwise, I believe them to be pretty good maps.

2. In Mapsource, use the map tool to select all the segments you wish to transfer from both map sets (go from one map set to the other via the drop down menu). Transfer all the segments as one download to your GPS.