Field Notes

For over a year now I have been uploading my field notes from my Oregon. But for some reason I can't get them to upload today?

My text file does have notes in it, I have a days worth of caching on there. There are no previous notes as I deleted them as recommended after my last upload.

Each time I try to upload the file it looks as though it is going to work, but the page refreshes and nothing is there.

I don't believe I am doing anything wrong, as I have done this enough times to know how to do it, yet I can't get it to work now. :lol:

For over a year now I have been uploading my field notes from my Oregon. But for some reason I can't get them to upload today?

My text file does have notes in it, I have a days worth of caching on there. There are no previous notes as I deleted them as recommended after my last upload.

Each time I try to upload the file it looks as though it is going to work, but the page refreshes and nothing is there.

I don't believe I am doing anything wrong, as I have done this enough times to know how to do it, yet I can't get it to work now. :lol:

Used mine for the first time in a couple of months last night - and worked fine... is it a browser specific thing? I'm using Chrome.

The first time I tried to upload my field notes it kept saying there were no records.

As I only had 2 and the first was a "didn't find" I deleted that line and then it worked...and it's worked since (even with didn't finds)

So, I'm not sure what it didn't like about the line I deleted (if anything at all - it might be they fixed something while I was messing about)

But I suggest you create a copy of your geocaching_visits.txt file and delete the top line from the original, and retry uploading, if that fails delete the top line again...so on until it works. And then you should have the line that, for whatever reason, causes the upload to barf (which presumably someone at Groundspeak would be interested in seeing)

Edited by needaxeo